Logistics Collaborative Ecosystem thru Information Technology
Flyjac Logistics Pvt Ltd, subsidiary of Hitachi Transport System Group, Japan is one of the leading integrated logistics service providers in India was awarded the integrated logistics services contract by Harman Professional India in August 2012.
Harman India, Subsidiary of Harman International Industries Inc have three divisions Lifestyle, Automotive Infotainment, and Professional audio with brands - JBL Pro, AKG, Soundcraft, Crown, Lexicon, and others.
Harman was inspired by the collaborative solutions which enabled seamless information flow and visibility across the supply chain from order to delivery to spares management. Flyjac became an extended SCM manager to Harman Professional India by providing logistics services:
- Pickup from Origin Supplier
- Freight Movement by Air/Ocean
- Customs Brokerage @ Destination
- Warehousing @ Destination (Bonded / General)
- Last Mile Delivery
- Reverse Logistics for Spares
Harman became first global customer to Flyjac Logistics Pvt Ltd, business crossed Indian borders and extended to China too.
Flyjac Logistics could inspire Harman by demonstrating differentiations thru information technology, mainly three factors speed, agility and resilience across multi-layered networks of partners, suppliers, regulators, service providers and customers.
Flyjac proposed and implemented eCarex (Electronic Care towards Customer Excellence), complete IT solutions to
- Make internal processes efficient to support & meet customer business dynamism
- Enable information flow to key stakeholders (suppliers, sourcing arms & customers) spread across the globe
- Provide visibility to the supply chain processes (from enquiry to delivery) which could be monitored for deviations
eCarex enabled complete collaboration between various supply chain entities, streamlining all process from order to delivery.
eCarex helped to unify all stakeholders in a collaborated ecosystem to provide visibility with an objective to share all information, updates on real time basis.
eCarex, Flyjac IT solutions was seamlessly interfaced with Harman SAP system, India Customs ICEGATE, major carriers for data interchange (EDI) which enabled accuracy and real time information flow by eliminating data duplication in multiple systems.
Additionally, eCarex has Business Intelligence (BI) tool to provide dashboard analytical reports which helped Harman to take rapid decisions and better planning.
In Summary, Customer was benefited thru
- Workflow Management: Harman could achieve improvement in efficiency in the workflow process and helped them meet their customer demands better.
- Order Management: Automation led to reduction of lead-time and removed any redundancies in order processing.
- Supply chain visibility: Visibility to all stakeholders spread across the globe to access real time information. The information available was near real time.
- Active alert management: Any aberration from the schedule alerted the responsible stakeholders and hence reduced process variances
- Reports Management: The unified database was utilized to its fullest and the information available was used for the management planning function of the client. Also, usage of dynamic data eliminated the need for manual reports.
Flyjac became truly an integrated logistics service provider to Harman by providing total business solutions driven by Information Technology.